{ Instagram sensation? Passionate (whole) foodie? Chocoholic? This model ticks all the right boxes }

Brooke Meredith_ACCjpg

Meet Brooke Meredith –model, whole food blogger and chocoholic. Not any old chocoholic –think nutrient-dense, antioxidant-rich, superfood type of chocoholic. A self-confessed health enthusiast with a passion for wellbeing, Brooke is also a health coach in the making, varying her days between fashion shoots, study and cooking up healthy treats.

Brooke’s website ‘A Conscious Collection’ stemmed from her love of cooking. Her array of wholesome recipes, full of nutrients that nourish, heal and satisfy, is testament to her desire to promote health among her followers. With a ‘knowledge as power’ philosophy, stand back while this girl cooks up a storm!
What is A Conscious Collection?
A Conscious Collection is a health and lifestyle blog created to inspire, educate and support people to live a healthier lifestyle. It is home to delicious, healthy recipes where I create, cook, style and photograph. I also blog about health-related travels, publish influential guest interviews and share a whole lot of positivity.
How did the idea for A Conscious Collection come about?
I started the blog to document my recipes. As more and more people around me were asking for my recipes, I decided to make an online portal that was easily accessible to those asking. With months of preparation and a handful of angst, I went live and expanded from there. After weeks of brainstorming possible names, I came up with ‘A Conscious Collection’ and felt this was a perfect fit to providing a ‘collection’ of ‘conscious’ ways to leading a healthier way of life.
What does a normal day look life for you?
My routine changes day to day, depending on my schedule. Sometimes it’s super hectic with castings, meetings and shooting and other days can be spent at home cooking, attending to computer work and photographing my recipes. My line of work in both modelling and the blog is quite demanding; there is never a dull moment and I wouldn’t change it for the world.
What’s the best part about your ‘job’?
Besides eating delicious food every day and having the opportunity to meet and be surrounded by amazing likeminded people, it’s the feedback I get from the community around me. Whenever someone emails me and thanks me for helping them in one form or another, it’s especially humbling.
A Conscious Collection 300314 83922
What does your diet look like?
My diet consists predominantly of whole foods and is primarily plant based. I don’t eat gluten as I am intolerant and I limit processed, refined foods and dairy. I occasionally eat meat and my sugar comes from natural sources. I eat what I want, when I want and I don’t count calories. When you eat right, your body will thrive. I have found a balance that works best for my
body and most traditional meals I crave, I adapt to healthier alternatives. I also believe in the 80/20 rule. I eat healthy, nourishing food 80 per cent of the time and the remaining 20 per cent is left open for foods I love without any attachment of guilt.
How has being diagnosed gluten intolerant changed your life?
Words cannot describe how much this has impacted my life. In a nutshell, it has given me more energy and less brain fog. I am more productive and it’s opened my eyes to the amazing whole food alternatives available to us. My skin has also improved and I am all-round genuinely happier.
What’s your best go-to GF food?
I’m addicted to almond butter. Does that count?!
What’s your #1 health tip?
Be patient and trust the process. Change doesn’t happen overnight, so making small changes, one at a time, is the best way to set you up for long-term success. It also pays to remember that no two people digest food the same. Eat right for YOU and be conscious of how these foods cause your body to react. Combine healthy eating with an enjoyable exercise routine and you’ll be well on your way to achieving optimal health.
If you could change the world in one specific area, what would it look like?
Over 700 million people around the world don’t have access to clean and safe drinking water. It’s such an alarming figure and I really wish that everyone had access to such an important
resource, just as we do.
Where to from here?
I’m working on a couple of projects at the moment but can’t give too much away. It’s been a dream of mine ever since I was a child to have my own cookbook and everything I’m doing now will
hopefully help me move closer to this dream.
A CONSCIOUS COLLECTION CHOCOHOLICS E-BOOK Available to download for $12.95 from www.aconsciouscollection.com
Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 12.01.53 pm


Categories: TO SORT.